UTS is seeking UTS Cohort Master of Teaching Candidates to contribute to the development and delivery of the Maximum City 2021 March Break Camp operating
- Monday, March 15 to Friday, March 19, 2021
UTS, in collaboration with Maximum City is offering this innovative online program in March 2021. This program is an award-winning program that offers an enriched curricular experience for young city builders. It is taught by leading experts and is hosted on the University of Toronto campus and nearby sites. The program includes a range of hands-on activities in urban topics such as architecture, design, the environment, technology, the arts, civic engagement and mobility.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Attend pre-camp meetings/sessions to learn more about the program and your role as a facilitator
- Review and contribute to (as appropriate) the design and contents of the program so as to be ready to lead and/or facilitate activities
- Present and/or facilitate online sessions for participants, grades 5 to 12 during the session.
- Provide online supervision for participants from 10:00AM-2:00PM
- Collaborate closely with program team members, including the UTS program director and/or other partners
- Work closely with students to guide them through online activities in small groups and one-on-one learning opportunities
Qualifications and Skills:
We are looking for individuals with:
- Relevant experience in curriculum development and with special interest in architecture, urban design or city planning
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with young people in an online learning environment
- The ability to plan sessions independently or to work with the program coordinator and deliver existing programming;
- Successful candidates will need to submit to a Vulnerable Sector police reference check (unless they have a V.S police reference check completed within the last 6 months)
Salary: $300 per week (less deductions required by law)
Applications: Applicants should submit a detailed resume and a cover letter indicating their interest. All applications must be submitted online via the by no later than Monday, January 4, 2020
University of Toronto Schools is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
We thank all candidates in advance; however, will contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls please. If selected for an interview please inform us if you require any accommodations.
For more information about our programs, please email